Image source: desertsun.com
Explore the Children’s Discovery Museum in Rancho Mirage
The Children’s Discovery Museum of the Desert in Rancho Mirage’s newest museum, designed specifically for children ages 3-12. It features hands-on exhibits perfect for kids to explore and learn about science, math, technology, and art. The museum also offers a variety of educational programs to complement the exhibits that are taught by educators in Rancho Mirage schools. Whether you’re looking for an exciting new outing or just want your child to have some fun learning about their environment, the Children’s Discovery Museum has something for everyone.
The Children’s Discovery Museum
There are many reasons to go, but here are the top three. One reason why you should take your children to this museum is that it has an exciting outside area that includes a bubble wall and plenty of different types of slides for them to play on. Another great reason why you should take your kids there would be because they have many fun programs throughout the week like Art in Motion where children can create art by moving around instead of just standing still. The third thing about this place is that adults will love having so much room dedicated to reading books with their child or even taking some time out for themselves while their child plays at one of the many open play areas.
Fun activities at the museum
The museum hosts fun activities that encourage children to investigate their environment through art, music, science, math, and books. There are also interactive exhibits outside which allow kids (and parents!) a chance to explore nature in ways they may not have before. The Splash Pad has water jets perfect for cooling off on hot desert days while there are multiple garden areas with birds – our favorite part because mommy bird loves watching them! Be sure to catch one of the live shows as well; these rotate daily but always offer something new and exciting each time you visit.
There are so many exhibits at the museum. Some of them include:
- A garden where children get to dig up worms in a worm box, touch real animal bones & teeth from an extinct camel, deer, or mammoth that used to roam Rancho Mirage thousands of years ago.
- A play area with a pirate ship and a huge whale slide.
- Dinosaur excavation site where kids get to dig up bones, teeth of dinosaurs all over Rancho Mirage! This is one of the most popular exhibits at the museum because children love digging for dinosaur fossils just like real paleontologists do. Children can touch fossilized Mastodon bones from Rancho Mirage that date back almost 14 million years ago during Rancho Mirage’s Ice Age past when it used to be underwater above sea level! The Mastodon was an elephant-type creature called Mammut americanum which lived on grasslands eating plants & bushes instead of trees as we see elephants today doing in Africa and Asia. When they died their bodies rotted away leaving behind their bones which turned into fossilized fossils of Rancho Mirage.
- An environmentally friendly building house that is powered by the sunlight and allows kids to learn about alternative energy sources like wind power, solar panel electricity & more!
- A planetarium where children can see the stars and planets in a dome theater.
San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
320 N Broadway, Escondido, CA 92025, United States
Head southwest toward N Broadway 4 sec (79 ft)
Take I-15 N, CA-79 S, CA-371 E and CA-74 E to Palm Desert Dr S in Palm Desert 1 hr 51 min (91.7 mi)
Turn right onto N Broadway 0.6 mi
Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto CA-78 W/Ronald Packard Pkwy 0.8 mi
Take exit 17 to merge onto I-15 N toward Riverside
Parts of this road may be closed at certain times or days 26.1 mi
Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 58 to merge onto CA-79 S/Temecula Pkwy
Continue to follow CA-79 S
Pass by Applebee’s Grill + Bar (on the right in 2.8 mi) 17.9 mi
Turn left onto CA-371 E 20.7 mi
Turn right onto CA-74 E 24.2 mi
Turn right onto CA-111 S
Pass by Panera Bread (on the right) 1.3 mi
Turn right onto Panorama Dr 98 ft
Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Palm Desert Dr S
Destination will be on the right 11 sec (194 ft)
Find A Good Accountant
74333 CA-111 Suite #105, Palm Desert, CA 92260, United States